The Vermont Pottery & Weaving Studio
2017 is our 45th year in business as a full time working pottery. We thank you for your support over these many years. The photo shows the front of our studio as it looked in the early 1970’s.
Robert & his wife, Christine, live on a former dairy farm, in one of the mountain valleys that surround Bristol, Vermont. The barn serves as his studio & showroom and the 19th-century farmhouse their home.
Most of Robert’s Stoneware & Porcelain pottery is Wood-Fired in a Noborigama kiln. A Salt Glazed atmosphere is achieved in the second chamber of this Japanese-style kiln.
The Pit Fired & Raku pottery is fired in special kilns designed for these unique effects. Robert throws each piece of pottery individually on a potter’s wheel.
Visit the Vermont Pottery Studio or shop in our on-line Gallery.
The pottery is open most days from 10 am – 5 pm
Call, 802-453-3778 for our daily schedule.
Christine & Robert have always had a strong interest in history. Growing up surrounded by antique photos, family members and their stories. Robert took over compiling his family ancestry. To share the information he collected, he began putting his ancestor’s images and stories on his mugs.
We now do this for other families and recently created History Mugs, a business focused on putting biographies on mugs.
Have personalized Custom Mugs made for your family or business. Go to our Custom Mugs section to see samples of Business, Commemorative, Genealogy, Special Events and Whimsical designs we have made for other people.
Visit our HistoryMugs website to see what we offer.
HISTORY MUGS ARE AVAILABLE AT:
- Gettysburg Museum Store, Gettysburg, PA.
- The Smithsonian National Portrait Gallery Museum Store, Washington, DC.
- The Ethan Allen Homestead, Burlington, VT.
- The President Calvin Coolidge Museum, Plymouth, VT.
- The Fairbanks House Museum, Dedham, MA.
- The Martin Van Buren National Historic Site, Kinderhook, NY.
- The Sullivan Museum & History Center, Norwich University, Northfield, VT.
- The University of Vermont Book Store, Burlington, VT.